RetroTek-D Mobile Retroreflectometer
Measuring the full lane width in one survey pass
Safer for operators
with auto detection of white/yellow stripes, skip and continuous
Powerful & fast post survey processing
including GPS tags, survey mapping and integral survey video
Retroreflectivity Measurement with RetroTek D
Front-Mounted Dynamic Pavement Retroreflectometer for Day or Night Surveys
Our innovative pavement marking retroreflectivity measurement system is capable of conducting full lane width surveys in a single pass, day or night. This powerful RetroTek-D retroreflectometer is independently certified as having similar accuracy as handheld retroreflectometer units and combines the latest Machine Vision software with Dual Narrowband Strobed Projector Illumination. With auto exposure, automatic stripe line type detection, GPS mapping and full survey video recording our system simplifies retroreflectivity measurement surveys for pavement marking maintenance engineers and other infrastructure stakeholders.
Why buy the RetroTek-D Dynamic Retroreflectometer system?
This is the latest technology in dynamic traffic speed pavement marking assessments that enables operators to:
- Reduce survey costs (both operator time, travel distances and fuel costs) by up to 50%
- Maximize data collection in one survey pass, with retroreflectivity measurement (mcd/m²/lux) and day contrast ratio (Weber) of right and left long lines, critical center markings and reflective pavement markers
- Minimize your survey downtime, with a reliable vehicle mounted retroreflectometer with rapid setup/calibration and Remote Diagnostics with Technical Support
- Increase safety for operators with normal lane driving and minimal operator intervention due to automatic detection of long line types – color, skip/continuous, single/double lines.
- Simplified post survey processing with rapid data download & processing to give clear GPS tagged and mapped results with corresponding survey video footage
- The Quick Release Bar system allows for quick and easily removal from survey vehicle overnight or swap to another vehicle with the secure Quick Release Bar system.
Our Customer's feedback
“Best bit of kit out there.”
“When it comes to retro-reflectivity measurement, it’s definitely the best bit of kit out there at the moment 😃”
Richard Wix, Principal Consultant at ARRB
“Technical support is second to none.”
“We are delighted with the performance of the RetroTek as it measures the striping on both sides of the lane in one pass without the need to switch the sensor from one side of the vehicle to the other. At the end of surveying, all the data can be quickly prepared & sent to district TX Dot officials, without the need for hours of post-processing.
The RetroTektechnical support is second to none.”
Jay Green, veteran retroreflectometer operator, Stripe-A-Zone
“A competitive choice.”
“The flexibility of RetroTek has allowed ERC to meet and exceed the stringent requirements set by ERA. Its easy setup, ability to measure line retroreflectivity on both sides of a lane and then illustrate these results on the MultiView mapping & video interactive platform, made the RetroTek a competitive choice.”
Mr. Tiit Kaal, Consultant at ERC Consulting Ltd.
Interested in doubling your survey capacity at no extra cost?
- Retroreflectivity of pavement striping
- Retroreflectivity of Center Lane Markings, Safety Warnings, Symbols, Arrows, Chevrons etc
- Presence & absence of Reflective Pavement Markings (RPMs)
- Daylight Contrast ratio measurements of pavement markings
Key benefits of the RetroTek-D System:
- Survey cost, time and travel distance reduced by 50%
- Full measurement data across the full lane width in one pass
- Easy, secure and non-permanent fitting to survey vehicle
- Safer for operator and other road users due to front mounting
- Greater ground clearance than side mount systems
- No precision driving required to remain close to road markings
- Accurate surveys can be completed at regular road traffic speeds
Comprehensive Dynamic Retroreflectivity Measurements
The RetroTek-D records data in real time and automatically stores it on the PC. The data includes route travelled, retroreflective values (RL), day contrast ratio, GPS co-ordinates, temperature, humidity, distance, speed, time and presence/absence of reflective pavement markings (RPMs). The RetroTek-D surveys road traffic markings at legal traffic speeds, eliminating the need for traffic management or road closures, and can assess up to 6 reflective road assets in one pass.
Fast and Simple Survey Reporting
The easy-to-use and powerful Quickview reporting software provides instant reports at the end of each survey. The user friendly interface combines GPS tagged maps, video recordings of all markings and colour coded performance thresholds into a single screen. Reports are available in several GPS tagged formats – csv, kml, she, pdf and video files.
Full Training and Technical Support
We understand how important it is to get your operators quickly up to speed. We have developed a structured online training course to train and certify your survey operators. We provide experienced Technical Support to answer your questions. Our team can remotely access your system to verify your initial setup, the calibration process and your initial test survey run so you have confidence in the survey results you get.